Re: [GENERAL] PHP and Postgresql 6.5.1

From: Jose Miguel Pereira Tavares <mtavares(at)student(dot)dei(dot)uc(dot)pt>
To: ehb(at)one(dot)net, eric buschelmann <ehbpg(at)one(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PHP and Postgresql 6.5.1
Date: 1999-07-27 08:36:22
Lists: pgsql-general
On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, eric buschelmann wrote:
>I downloaded and compiled the most recent version of PHP and Apache.
>The PHP module functions properly when parsing commands such as
>echo and variable declarations. However when I submit a query through
>pg_exec and try to display the results using pg_Fetch_Array, I get
>"Document
>Contains No Data."  I followed the instructions provided by PHP to test
>for
>segmentation fault and have come to the conclusion that when
>PHP attempts
>to post the query to the database, it blows up in segmentation fault.

	I have the same problem, but found out that using pg_fetch_row works
quite well.

>Does PHP work with Postgresql 6.5.1 at this time?

	I wonder if it's a PHP or PostgreSQL problem, as PostgresSQL seems to
be doing just fine (there seems to be no problems with other clients like psql
or kpsql)

-------------------- Jose Miguel Pereira Tavares --------------------

Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
		-- Friedrich Nietzsche