PostgreSQL install on Linux

From: Matt Jensen <mattj(at)obvion(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL install on Linux
Date: 1999-04-12 05:59:40
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hello PGSQL development team,

As per the request in step #29 in the PostgreSQL 'INSTALL' file, here are the
results of my installation of v6.5 beta 1 on a Pentium II system running Linux
kernel 2.2.5:

- Compilation and installation worked flawlessly.  Worked on the first try.
- A couple regression tests failed (INT2 and INT4) but that is not a problem.
- My old data (from PGSQL 6.4.2) was imported completely intact.

In other words, the Linux port seems to be working wonderfully in 6.5 beta 1.

6.5 looks great!

--

Matt Jensen (mattj(at)obvion(dot)com)
President & Chief Janitorial Officer, Obvion Systems Inc.

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Graeme LeeDate: 1999-04-12 13:24:51