PostgreSQL install on Linux

From: Matt Jensen <mattj(at)obvion(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL install on Linux
Date: 1999-04-12 05:59:40
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hello PGSQL development team,

As per the request in step #29 in the PostgreSQL 'INSTALL' file, here are the
results of my installation of v6.5 beta 1 on a Pentium II system running Linux
kernel 2.2.5:

- Compilation and installation worked flawlessly.  Worked on the first try.
- A couple regression tests failed (INT2 and INT4) but that is not a problem.
- My old data (from PGSQL 6.4.2) was imported completely intact.

In other words, the Linux port seems to be working wonderfully in 6.5 beta 1.

6.5 looks great!

Matt Jensen (mattj(at)obvion(dot)com)
President & Chief Janitorial Officer, Obvion Systems Inc.
Obvion Systems is a proud member of the Software Publishers Association.

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Graeme LeeDate: 1999-04-12 13:24:51