Multiple Functions and Tables in different Schemas with COmposite Types

From: Jason Tesser <jasontesser(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Multiple Functions and Tables in different Schemas with COmposite Types
Date: 2010-03-11 02:07:31
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
I am getting this error function person_save(testclient.person, unknown,
testclient.email[], unknown)  does not exist  when using a prepared
statement.

the reason for this is SELECT oid FROM pg_catalog.pg_type WHERE typname = $1
is called and $1 is person
it gets the wrong oid,  multiple OID are returned

I tried to make my type be schema.person but that doesn't work
This IN parameters are composite types so I had to create objects that
extended PGObject to make it work

My procs all work as I can call from pgadmin by setting searchpath.  But
from java with a prepared statement and ? as the IN parameters it fails even
with the searchpath set.

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Jason TesserDate: 2010-03-11 02:20:45
Previous:From: LewDate: 2010-03-11 01:48:11
Subject: Re: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Protocol error. Session setup failed