Re: temp tables

From: "Schuhmacher, Bret" <Bret(dot)Schuhmacher(at)Aspect(dot)com>
To: "John DeSoi" <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>,"Cima" <ruel(dot)cima(at)facinf(dot)uho(dot)edu(dot)cu>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: temp tables
Date: 2005-04-28 14:01:42
Lists: pgsql-novice
Is this safe?  What happens if multiple users hit the PHP page nearly simultaneously (or at least just after someone else) and the temp table exists?  I avoided the temp table approach in an app for exactly this reason...  What does PG do in this case?  Do the temp tables belong to the session/connection and they're insulated from each other?

Thanks,

Bret