Re: Current CVS in a bad state?

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Current CVS in a bad state?
Date: 2001-04-20 15:45:25
Lists: pgsql-committers
Quoting Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>:

> Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk> writes:
> > Quoting Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>:
> >> Did you use -P during the checkout?
>
> > No, but then the last time I did this (about a month ago) I didn't
> then either.
>
> That's why it reappeared, then.

The last checkout I did didn't have it, which is the weird part (every so often
I do a fresh checkout rather than a simple update), which is why I thought
something was awry when the directories reappeared.

> > As I just said to Marc, I remember the directory being deleted on the
> server
> > side after I had done a cvs delete.
>
> CVS *never* deletes a server-side directory.  Read the manual.

I know but I remember someone (I think it was Bruce, but not certain) did
a "rm" at the server side.

> I don't know why -P isn't the standard behavior, because the default
> (non -P) is confusing and almost never what you want.  I keep this in
> my ~/.cvsrc:
>
> cvs -z3
> update -d -P
> checkout -P

Mine's that now.

Peter

--
Peter Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/