Re: JBuilder4 JDBC Explorer

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: John Menke <john(at)eagleinfosystems(dot)com>
Cc: postgre general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JBuilder4 JDBC Explorer
Date: 2001-04-05 08:37:43
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

Note: I'm dropping General due to the volume of emails. Please ensure that all
JDBC questions go to the pgsql-jdbc list.

Quoting John Menke <john(at)eagleinfosystems(dot)com>:

> Is anybody able to access Postgresql from the JBuilder4 Explorer?

As JBuilder is used to develop the driver now, yes ;-)

> have
> the following settings
>
> Driver: org.postgresql.Driver
>
> It says:
>
> The driver: org.postgresql.Driver could not be loaded. This could be a
> problem with the driver itself or that the driver is not on the
> classpath.
>

> I have confirmed that I have included the most recent .jar file on my
> classpath (jdbc7.0-1.1.jar)

With JBuilder its different. You have to tell it about the driver.

Not sure about the other versions, but for JBuilder 4 Enterprise:

1: Tools -> Configure Libraries

Create a new library, call it PostgreSQL and add the jar file to the library.

2: Tools -> Enterprise Setup

Switch to the Database Drivers tab, click add and select the PostgreSQL library.

You should then see PostgreSQL.config appear.

Click OK, then shutdown and restart JBuilder.

> I have also tried just postgresql.Driver as the Driver name.... and I
> get the same thing.

No, all post 7.0 drivers have org. prefixing them.

Peter

--
Peter Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/