Re: Implicit casts to text

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Implicit casts to text
Date: 2007-04-03 17:10:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> FWIW, is the attached patch about what you had in mind? (It probably only
> covers "normal" types at the moment.)

Hm, I hadn't realized that it would take as little work as that ...
I have an itchy feeling that you missed something but I'm not sure
what.

One thing I had wanted to do is take out the existing functions and
pg_cast entries that are effectively just providing hard-wired
equivalents to this, but that's merely housekeeping.