Re: Patch for minor error

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch for minor error
Date: 2003-01-24 03:46:40
Lists: pgsql-docs
Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> This patch is against CVS tip.  The file basics.sql does not exist; the
> file referred to is called basics.source.

Actually, src/tutorial/Makefile expects to *make* basics.sql from
basics.source.  That particular file doesn't really need any
substitutions, but some of its siblings do.

If there's a docs bug here, it's that the text doesn't explain about
building the tutorial examples.  I also kinda wonder if we should build
and install the tutorial files (presumably into $INSTROOT/share) by
default --- right now a standard build doesn't do that.  Thoughts?