Re: pg703: support for Large objects via JDBC PreparedStatement.setBi naryStream()

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: selvam(at)gelife(dot)com(dot)my
Cc: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg703: support for Large objects via JDBC PreparedStatement.setBi naryStream()
Date: 2001-03-21 14:26:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Quoting selvam(at)gelife(dot)com(dot)my:

> I do not understand when people say that pg7.03 is out and some are
> talking
> about 7.1. What is the difference anyway? As far as I know 7.03 is the
> latest. What about 7.1? I am new to postgreSQL. Can someone please
> clarify me?

The latest released version is 7.0.3. However, 7.1 is on it's way (Release
Candidate 1 aka RC1 should have been released last night).

> And added to that, if 7.03 is out, does the jdbc support calling
> stored procedures? cause when I used Calllable Statments in 7.02, there was an
> exception that it was not supported. Please clarify me.

CallableStatement is still not supported. A group of students are working on
it. However the behaviour of throwing an exception is correct.

A workaround is to use PreparedStatement (as in postgres prodecures are
implemented as functions) and use select.

Peter