Re: Link checker

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Link checker
Date: 2010-03-08 10:26:05
Lists: pgsql-www

2010/3/4 Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>:
> We occasionally get notices that some external link in the HTML
> documentation doesn't work.  I figured it would be good to make a habit
> out of running a link checker over the documentation, perhaps as part of
> the release process.  The couple of command-line tools I tried for this
> didn't really excite me, though, so I was wondering whether the web team
> has a link checking routine in place, and whether that could be applied
> to the documentation hosted on the web site.

We don't have one, though I have a half-finished thing around
somewhere. The idea about that one is that it's not a generic link
checker but that it actually knows about our site structure and such
already.

It's definitely something we *should* have, so unless you have
something that works fine, applying a solution that does it on the
website would be a good thing - since it'll check both the
documentation and all our other things as well...

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/