Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Aidan Van Dyk <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)toroid(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tim Bunce <Tim(dot)Bunce(at)pobox(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2010-01-18 14:55:00
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-www
2010/1/18 Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>:
> Il 16/01/2010 14:21, Matteo Beccati ha scritto:

>> [...]
>>>
>>> Sorry, not from me, still a CTE noob.
>>
>> Actually the live db doesn't suffer from that problem anymore, but I've
>> able to reproduce the issue with a few days old backup running on a test
>> 8.5alpha3 instance that still has a stock postgresql.conf.
>
> Following advice from Andrew "RodiumToad" Gierth, I raised cpu costs back to the defaults (I did lower them following some tuning guide) and that seems to have fixed the problem.
>
> My question now is... what next? :)

If it wasn't for the fact that we're knee deep in two other major
projects for the infrastructure team right now, I'd be all over this
:-) But we really need to complete that before we put anything new in
production here.

What I'd like to see is one that integrates with our general layouts.

Also, I tink one of the main issues with the archives today that
people bring up is the inability to have threads cross months. I think
that should be fixed. Basically, get rid of the grouping by month for
a more dynamic way to browse.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/