Github mirror

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Github mirror
Date: 2010-01-07 10:38:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

By popular request, I've set up a job that will push a mirror of the
master branch of our git repository
(git.postgresql.og/git/postgresql.git) to github. The main reason is
visibility, and the ability for "github folks" to work with their
tools. (Trivial job, literally two lines in an existing shellscript)

I've disabled all additional features like wikis and issue trackers.
I've also set up an autoresponder so that if anybody tries to use the
github "pull request" method of submitting a patch they're told to
send their patch to pgsql-hackers.

You can find the repo at http://github.com/postgres/postgres.

Note that if you use githubs fork feature into your own account to
work on something, the PostgreSQL repository is big enough to use up
more than half the space given out to free/opensource github accounts
(currently about 200Mb (which shows up as 0.1Gb though), account space
is 300Mb). But given some of thee nice browsing features at github,
some people may find it worth trying out anyway.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/