Re: solution to make static changes in pg_hba.conf file?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tarun Sharma <tarun(dot)sharma(at)newgen(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: solution to make static changes in pg_hba.conf file?
Date: 2009-12-30 12:23:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers
2009/12/30 Tarun Sharma <tarun(dot)sharma(at)newgen(dot)co(dot)in>:
> hi,
>
> i assigned super user privelledge to a user by specifing entries in pg_hba.conf file as
>
> host    all    newuser    127.1.1.1 md5
>
> and the default postgres user is made access to only the default postgres databse and is no more the super user.
>
> the problem is that this conf file is available to all and can be changed again.
>
> can someone assist me with a solution to make this changes static.

Only root, or someone who at least has full permissions on the
PostgreSQL datafiles, can do this by default. If you have granted
other users access to do it, you sohuld revoke those. One way can be
to move the pg_hba.conf file to a different directory and lock down
the permissions there.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/