Re: syslog_line_prefix

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Joshua Tolley <eggyknap(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: syslog_line_prefix
Date: 2009-09-25 21:01:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 22:57, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:

> Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> Sure you can. What makes you think you can't?
>>>

>> How do i do that? When I enable csv logging, it changes the log format
>> to csv, and my plaintext logs don't end up in the logs anymore.
>>
>> Note that I'm not talking about syslog, I'm talking about the logging
>> that goes through the logging collector, and is dealt with by
>> PostgreSQL.
>>

> log_destination = 'stderr, csvlog'

Clearly that works. I wonder why that didn't work when I last tried it :S

/me wipes the egg off.

(it's still weird that it's called stderr when it's a logfile, but
that's a different story)

Without looking deeply at the code, does it also properly route these
famous "messages from third party libraries" to both files?

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/