Re: updated hstore patch

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: updated hstore patch
Date: 2009-09-19 16:18:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 03:27, Andrew Gierth
<andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk> wrote:
> However, I would prefer to keep the ability to do this:
>
> psql --set hstore_schema='myschema' -f hstore.sql dbname
>
> The logic to do it is a bit ugly, but editing the file to set what schema to
> use is even uglier...

That seems like a pretty good thing to have, but that shouldn't be in
the hstore patch. If we want to do that, we should do it for *all*
contrib modules, so they are consistent.

Which I think would be good, but given previous discussions I'm sure
somebody is going ot have an argument against it...

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/