Re: New minor release?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New minor release?
Date: 2009-09-03 11:35:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 13:31, Dave Page<dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Guillaume
> Lelarge<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I was wondering if we'll get out a new minor release. We already have 18 fixes
>> in 1.10 branch, and another two remaining to be fixed. I'm working on one of
>> them (, but I'm having a hard time to
>> fix it.
>> Anyways, as PostgreSQL will soon have minor releases out, is it planned for
>> pgAdmin too?
> PostgreSQL's are being released tomorrow - there's zero chance of
> doing 1.10.1 before then.
> I was hoping to get a bunch of Solaris fixes into 1.10.1. I've got
> some in so far, but the majority seem to be sparc-specific, so I've
> had to order some hardware which hasn't arrived yet :-(
> Are there any fixes in there that re worthy of forcing a release? We
> don't normally schedule one based on the number of changes, but on the

I think there are a bunch of them leading up to it being reasonable
for a new release. However, if we can't make the timing of the
postgresql one (which is a wrap tomorrow - not a realease - but the
wrap is really what matters), we can delay it for a couple of weeks
just as well - especially if we have more fixes currently being worked

 Magnus Hagander