Re: Trac tickets

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trac tickets
Date: 2009-08-07 11:35:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 10:48, Dave Page<dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Guillaume
> Lelarge<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> Le jeudi 6 août 2009 à 13:10:24, Dave Page a écrit :
>>> Why are trac tickets being created for the recent change history?
>>> That's what the changelog and svn history is for...
>>
>> Yes. I created them to try to use the roadmap system. See this:
>>
>>  http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/roadmap
>> and this:
>>
>>  http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/query?milestone=1.10.1&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component
>> (which is kind of a changelog and a todo list)
>
> OK, well if you want to start maintaining this, please have a think
> about how we can modify the existing processes to accomodate it. At
> the very least, I would like to avoid the changelog duplication - can
> we drop that file, or auto-create it for example?

Yes, we should definitely be able to do that. However, I think we
should do *both* for a while just to fill things with some data, so we
can reasonably compare the outcome. yes, it means duplicated work
during that time, but as long as we have the end-goal to drop one of
the two.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/