Re: BUG #4938: upgrade to 8.4 issue

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Anders E <ae58(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4938: upgrade to 8.4 issue
Date: 2009-07-24 12:13:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 23:40, Anders E<ae58(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi again,
> Are you swedish, then you can answer in Swedish if you like .. ?

Yes, but let's keep it in english for the sake of the list.

> I still can't get passed the request for password when trying to install 8.4
> ?
> Don't know if I succeded to rest the password either.
> Exactly how do I remove the password, I'm using Windows Vista?

I have no experience using Windows Vista, so I don't know the exact
procedure there. I suggest looking in the documentation for that.

> I tried writing NET USER at the command prompt.
> Shouldn't I also add something else in the command (not my strong side doing
> this as you understand).

Yes, you need to add the service account and new password. For example:
NET USER postgres MyNewPassword

> Or is there another way to get around the password request when installing
> postgreSQL 8.4 ??

You can create a new service account with a different name.

--
Magnus Hagander
Self: http://www.hagander.net/