Re: puzzled by the docs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Hernan Gonzalez <hgonzal(at)sinectis(dot)com(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: puzzled by the docs
Date: 2000-06-27 14:52:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hernan Gonzalez <hgonzal(at)sinectis(dot)com(dot)ar> writes:
> The PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide which appears on the web
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/admin/index.html
> is fairly different from the one which is packed with
> the 7.0.2 distribution.

> Which is the good one?

The files appearing under http://www.postgresql.org/docs/ are a
snapshot of current development, not the docs that go with the
most recent release. Any changes you see are work that will be
in the next major release (ie, 7.1).

We have been planning to rearrange the website so that the main
docs page shows the most recent release, and the development
snapshot appears someplace else, but I guess Vince hasn't got
round to it yet ...