Re: No pg_hba.conf entry

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: George Koras <gkoras(at)cres(dot)gr>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: No pg_hba.conf entry
Date: 2001-02-22 08:51:18
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Quoting George Koras <gkoras(at)cres(dot)gr>:

> Hello,
> When I try to connect via JDBC to PostgreSQL I get the following error
> message:
> Error -- Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail.
> Please report this exception:
> java.sql.SQLException: No pg_hba.conf entry for host,
> user aaa, database bbb
> However, the only lines in pg_hba.conf that are not commented out are:
> local        all                                         trust
> host         all   trust
> host         all     trust

Hmmm, that should work...

> Isn't this strange? I tried this with both jdbc6.5-1.2.jar and
> jdbc7_0-1_2.jar from which runs Linux and from my WinNT
> 4.0 (sp6) machine and for different databases.
> I use PostgreSQL 6.5.2 and before you ask, yes postmaster runs with the
> -i option set.

If you missed -i out you would have got "Connection Refused" not this
Exception. The postmaster is listening, but is refusing the connection for some

Can you use psql or another interface from

Peter Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver:
RetepPDF PDF library for Java: