Re: auto vacuum errors

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: isabella(dot)ghiurea(at)nrc-cnrc(dot)gc(dot)ca
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: auto vacuum errors
Date: 2012-07-05 04:18:03
Lists: pgsql-admin
Isabella Ghiurea <isabella(dot)ghiurea(at)nrc-cnrc(dot)gc(dot)ca> writes:
> I'm seeing a issue with some temp tables in contrib_regression db , the
> auto vacuum job will not run for this tables  due some files/QID's
> missing  how can I fix this  ?

Um ... in general, autovacuum just silently ignores temp tables, because
it doesn't have any way to access their contents.  (One of the reasons
that temp tables are fast is that the backend owning a temp table keeps
its data in local buffers, not in shared buffers that another process
could access.)  I wouldn't expect any "missing file" complaints though.
What exactly were you seeing?