Re: [HACKERS] keeping track of connections

From: dg(at)illustra(dot)com (David Gould)
To: voss(at)vocalweb(dot)de
Cc: brett(at)work(dot)chicken(dot)org, maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] keeping track of connections
Date: 1998-06-04 18:13:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Ulrich Voss writes:
> > On Wed, 3 June 1998, at 16:38:43, Ulrich Voss wrote:
> >
> > > Massimo had a patch, which added the pid in the first field of the
> > > debug output (and I guess a timestamp). So you can easily
> > > sort/grep/trace the debug output.
> >
> > I'm looking for a little more than that.
> OK, but step  one is simple, Massimo's patch could possibly be
> integrated in two or three hours. And it adds valuable debugging
> info.
> (Btw., Massimo's patch was the first (and I hope last) very helpful
> patch, which for obscure reasons never made into the official
> distribution. And it had this simple pid/time patch (not in current
> cvs), it had a spinlock patch (not in current cvs), a better deadlock

Well, uhmmm, yes there is a spinlock patch in the current CVS. Please look

Btw, I am about to update the spinlock patch based on some testing I did to
resolve some of Bruce Momjians performance concerns. I will post the results
of the testing (which are quite interesting if you are a performance fanatic)
later today, and the patch this weekend.

David Gould            dg(at)illustra(dot)com           510.628.3783 or 510.305.9468
Informix Software  (No, really)         300 Lakeside Drive  Oakland, CA 94612
"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas.  If your ideas are any
 good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats." -- Howard Aiken