Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS

From: dg(at)illustra(dot)com (David Gould)
To: stevel(at)mail(dot)cdsnet(dot)net (Steve Logue)
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS
Date: 1998-06-04 02:45:24
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Steve Logue writes:

> After reading the recent mailing list thread about PostgreSQL not
> growing in popularity as fast as MySQL and the lack of a legible logo, I
> got bored and took a stab at some. I'd like to make a new logo for
> people to pass around and also get an HTML/Logo usage page in the
> distribution. Feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> -STEVEl
>
> http://www.nettek-llc.com/postgresql/

These are not bad, although the difference in size between the "Postgre" and
the "SQL" make it a little hard to read as one word. The different background
for the two parts of the word adds to this. Still, they are attractive.

Hmmm, I have an idea, what about a Penguin?

-dg

David Gould dg(at)illustra(dot)com 510.628.3783 or 510.305.9468
Informix Software 300 Lakeside Drive Oakland, CA 94612
- A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five.