Re: [HACKERS] custom types and optimization

From: dg(at)illustra(dot)com (David Gould)
To: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] custom types and optimization
Date: 1998-06-01 22:43:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> On Sun, 31 May 1998, David Gould wrote:
>
> > As you may have noticed, I am something of a Linux advocate. And, quite
> > seriously, I believe it possible that in five years not even Sun will be
> > shipping anything else.
>
> 	That must be why Sun is currently paying for developers to port
> FreeBSD over to the Sparc architecture, eh? *grin*
>
> 	And, ya, I am serious...one of the developers on the FreeBSD
> mailing lists is contracted to Sun MicroSystems to get a FreeBSD port off
> the ground...

Thats great. Any victory for freed software is a victory for freed software!

Btw, Sun has also apparently just paid to join Linux International.

So maybe in five years Sun will be shipping either FreeBSD or Linux. ;-)

-dg

David Gould            dg(at)illustra(dot)com           510.628.3783 or 510.305.9468
Informix Software  (No, really)         300 Lakeside Drive  Oakland, CA 94612
"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas.  If your ideas are any
 good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats." -- Howard Aiken

Previous:From: ocieDate: 1998-06-01 21:41:23
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] regular expressions from hell