Re: [HACKERS] CVSup help??

From: dg(at)illustra(dot)com (David Gould)
To: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] CVSup help??
Date: 1998-04-29 19:38:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, David Gould wrote:
> > > Just tested the server from here, and all appears to be well with the
> > > server...just removed the 'tag=.' line that I have in mine, and that's
> > > right too...just pulls down the CVS/RCS files directly ...
> >
> > So the missing tag=. line is not the problem?
> 	Nope, that one is correct...
> > > Anyone else havign similar problems?
> >
> > I have tried this several times on two different evenings. Is there a time
> > window? Or is there a maximum connection count?
> 	5, but I don't think its ever hit that max, and I know the error
> message is different then that if it had...I get it all the time at
> FreeBSD :(
> > Any thoughts on how to debug this thing?
> 	This is under Linux, correct?  Do you have anything like 'truss'
> or 'ktrace' that you can figure out where in the code its dying?

Of course, Linux has everything ;-)

In this case it is strace. I will try it tonight. Although, the message
kinda implies that the server end is refusing or dropping the connection.

David Gould            dg(at)illustra(dot)com           510.628.3783 or 510.305.9468
Informix Software  (No, really)         300 Lakeside Drive  Oakland, CA 94612
"(Windows NT) version 5.0 will build on a proven system architecture
 and incorporate tens of thousands of bug fixes from version 4.0."
                 -- <>