Re: [HACKERS] CVSup help??

From: dg(at)illustra(dot)com (David Gould)
To: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] CVSup help??
Date: 1998-04-29 19:38:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, David Gould wrote:
>
> > > Just tested the server from here, and all appears to be well with the
> > > server...just removed the 'tag=.' line that I have in mine, and that's
> > > right too...just pulls down the CVS/RCS files directly ...
> >
> > So the missing tag=. line is not the problem?
>
> 	Nope, that one is correct...
>
> > > Anyone else havign similar problems?
> >
> > I have tried this several times on two different evenings. Is there a time
> > window? Or is there a maximum connection count?
>
> 	5, but I don't think its ever hit that max, and I know the error
> message is different then that if it had...I get it all the time at
> FreeBSD :(
>
> > Any thoughts on how to debug this thing?
>
> 	This is under Linux, correct?  Do you have anything like 'truss'
> or 'ktrace' that you can figure out where in the code its dying?

Of course, Linux has everything ;-)

In this case it is strace. I will try it tonight. Although, the message
kinda implies that the server end is refusing or dropping the connection.

-dg

David Gould            dg(at)illustra(dot)com           510.628.3783 or 510.305.9468
Informix Software  (No, really)         300 Lakeside Drive  Oakland, CA 94612
"(Windows NT) version 5.0 will build on a proven system architecture
 and incorporate tens of thousands of bug fixes from version 4.0."
                 -- <http://www.microsoft.com/y2k.asp?A=7&B=5>