Re: [HACKERS] doc troubles.

From: darrenk(at)insightdist(dot)com (Darren King)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] doc troubles.
Date: 1998-03-02 22:37:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > What version of tar understands how to ungzip a .gz file?
> >
> > Is this what the 'z' flag is for?
>
> 	gnu tar supports the 'z' flag to uncompress and untar at the same
> time...

This sucks.  As a group that seems to not like GNU (or at least their
license), we require enough of their tools to compile/install postgres.

Off to see the wizard at the gnu ftp site...

> > Untar'd and installed them manually...look good, Thomas.  Nice work.
>
> 	Ya, I've built the Solaris packages with PGDOC set to
> $POSTGRESDIR/doc, so that the docs are part of the one package...:)

Is that what $POSTDOCDIR is for in the Makefile.global?  Would this be
a candidate for "--doc-prefix=" to be added to configure?  I'd like to
be able to put the html docs under my web root instead of the postgres
root dir.

darrenk