Re: Several postgres installation on windows possible?

From: Peter Elmers <p(dot)elmers(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: "Umesh Shastry" <Umesh(dot)Shastry(at)aptaracorp(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Several postgres installation on windows possible?
Date: 2007-07-13 14:12:31
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi Umesh,

I am sorry to say that this method is not possible due to the fact
that i want to deploy my application to a system where i do not know
whether there is a postgres.
Also, i do not know where it would be, if there is one.

So my postgres installation is a addition to a possible already
installed one.

I am pretty sure your way would work, because at *nix, it does. But
windows is different... in many ways. Maybe i have to deploy the
binary instead of wrapping the installer....

Thanks anyway. You do not need to check, i will try :)