Re: Bug??: getattproperties fails !!

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jan Ehrhardt <ehrhardt(at)medinf(dot)mu-luebeck(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug??: getattproperties fails !!
Date: 2000-07-07 15:45:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Jan Ehrhardt <ehrhardt(at)medinf(dot)mu-luebeck(dot)de> writes:
> I have recompiled postgres without -O2 and as far as I see
> all works well now (incl. getattproperties ).

OK, then it probably is an fmgr issue. This should be fixed in 7.1.
If you are willing to do a little extra legwork, you could try grabbing
current sources (see the nightly snapshot tarball on our FTP server,
or use CVS) and seeing if they work with full optimization on your
machine. Wouldn't recommend using current sources for production,
but it'd be nice to get verification that this problem is fixed.