Re: pg_dump issue

From: "mcelroy, tim" <tim(dot)mcelroy(at)bostonstock(dot)com>
To: 'Tom Lane' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump issue
Date: 2006-05-30 15:33:54
Lists: pgsql-performance

Thanks Tom. I have scheduled vacuums as follows and all have run without
error.

Mon - Thu after-hours: vacuumdb -z -e -a -v On Fridays I add the -f
option vacuumdb -z -e -a -v -f

The du . -h in $PGDATA showed PROD001 at 9.1G and Prod0002 at 8.8G so
they're pretty much the same, one would think the smaller one should be
faster. Yes, the backup files are identical in size. BTW - this is
postgres 8.0.1. Stuck at this due to "that is the latest postgresql version
certified by our vendor's application".

I'm hoping the Engineering staff can find something system related as I
doubted and still doubt that it's a postgres issue.

Tim