Moving from 4D to Postgres

From: Joe Lester <joe_lester(at)sweetwater(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Moving from 4D to Postgres
Date: 2002-12-26 18:28:31
Lists: pgsql-general
My company is considering moving from our current 4D database over to Postgres. I'm wondering if there's anybody else out there who has made a similar move and would be willing to share their experiences. How painful was the transition? How did it affect the performance of the system for your users? Did you transition all at once or did you transition gradually?

Thanks.

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: eleinDate: 2002-12-26 21:09:32