Re: bug message not CC'ing poster

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,Marc Fournier <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>,PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bug message not CC'ing poster
Date: 2004-03-18 16:25:40
Lists: pgsql-www
Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net> writes:
> I'm just guessing the behavior was changed to keep form emails from
> being delayed via non-subscribed emails trying to post to the list?

Dunno, delay was never a problem with the old implementation.  I think
Marc may have some special case in place in the mail list software
to allow bug-form reports to pass through.  Marc?

I'd prefer the From: line to get fixed anyway.  Even though setting a
reply-to line would suffice for getting a reply's To: field correct,
it would not help the problem that quote insertion produces
	pgsql-bugs writes:
rather than
	<submittername> writes:
which is really the polite way to phrase it.