7.3b1 on Mac OS X (Darwin)

From: David Wheeler <david(at)wheeler(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 7.3b1 on Mac OS X (Darwin)
Date: 2002-09-15 05:45:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi All,

I just built 7.3b1 on Mac OS X (aka Darwin), and ran into only a few
(minor) issues with it:

1. Configure failed at first, because it didn't find readline:

   checking for readline... no
   configure: error: readline library not found
   Use --without-readline to disable readline support.

I recompiled --without-readline, and all was well. I think I'll install
this library myself, but it might be good to have a hint for Darwin
that uses readline if it finds it, but doesn't fail if it doesn't fine
it.

2. During initdb, I noticed this line:

   creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1...
   Failed to initialize lc_time to ''
   ok

I'm not sure of the significance of this, since everything seems to
work fine.

3. Function privileges are different for user-created functions. I
haven't been granting privileges on functions up to now, of course, and
my application, Bricolage, has only one. Now, it appears that as a user
who didn't create the function, I don't have permission to execute it.
However, I *can* execute all the standard functions (e.g., chr, min,
etc.). I can grant the permission on my custom function, but I'd rather
that it behaved like all the default functions without my having to do
so. Would it be possible for the default to be that non-default
functions work as they did before this new feature was added?

Anyway, that's all I've noticed so far! Great work -- thanks!

Regards,

David

david(at)wheeler(dot)net                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: Theory(at)jabber(dot)org

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Casey Allen ShobeDate: 2002-09-15 07:57:42