Re: Re: starting to review the Extend NOT NULL representation to pg_constraint patch

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Geery <andrew(dot)geery(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: starting to review the Extend NOT NULL representation to pg_constraint patch
Date: 2010-10-14 19:44:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

--On 14. Oktober 2010 19:16:56 +0100 Dean Rasheed
<dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> ATExecSetNotNullInternal (is_local=1 '\001',
> is_new_constraint=<value optimized out>, atttup=<value optimized out>,
> attr_rel=<value optimized out>, rel=<value optimized out>)
> at tablecmds.c:4847
> 4847 Form_pg_constraint constr =
> (Form_pg_constraint) GETSTRUCT(copy_tuple);
>
> Looking in that function, there is a similar "found" variable that
> isn't being initialised (which my compiler didn't warn about).
> Initialising that to false, sems to fix the problem and all the
> regression tests then pass.

Yepp, that was it. I had a CFLAGS='-O0' in my dev build from a former
debugging cycle and forgot about it (which reminds me to do a
maintainer-clean more often between coding). This is also the reason i
haven't seen the compiler warnings and the crash in the regression tests.
Shame on me, but i think i have learned the lesson ;)

--
Thanks

Bernd