Re: Postgres security issue - protecting datafiles

From: "Zvi Fer" <zferentz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres security issue - protecting datafiles
Date: 2008-06-10 07:22:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thnx for the input.

I have another solution, which i tried to avoid : my company provides
file/folder-level encryption . i can apply this encryption with specific
configuration for the postgres processes . this way - even the root cannot
access the data, the only one that can access the database-files is the
owner of the database (which can be the DBA , but can be some1 else as
well...)

I tried to avoid this solution, but now i understand that i don't have any
other choice.
encrypting the data will be useless, because i cannot SELECT by
text/range/dates....

tnx