Re: statement caching patch from Laszlo Hornyak for review

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>,List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: statement caching patch from Laszlo Hornyak for review
Date: 2007-08-02 01:02:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Heikki,

I posted the proof of concept back in June of last year, and again in
March.

I searched the archives but was unable to find where you voiced this
opinion ?

Either way, the patch is written in such a way to be very non-
invasive to the driver, and the code
will only ever be executed (except for a single if statement) if the
user enables the feature.

Can you be more specific about why you want this as a separate module ?

Dave