create database with template question

From: Dev <dev_hyd2001(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: create database with template question
Date: 2008-07-10 13:24:14
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

        I have a database with a table and some triggers and functions set on it. I converted it into a template setting the fields datallowcon=false and datistemplate=true on it. Lets assume this template(database) is called as mytemplate.

Now, as a normal database user I issue the create database command and specify mytemplate

i.e

create database testdb template mytemplate;

Everything works fine except that the table in the newly created testdb is still the user postgres, the one who created the template database.

Is this expected behavior or am I missing something?

/Dev

pgsql-admin by date