How to install SQL 7.0

From: "Michael" <micsak(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to install SQL 7.0
Date: 2001-02-01 07:05:10
Lists: pgsql-docs

I have installed NT4.0 , Option Pack 3, I.E.4.01 , Service Pack4 ,
I.E.5.0,
Service Pack 5 and then I tried to install SQL 7.0 .

The message I received from setup is : "Installation of Microsoft Management
Console has failed".
And then a message from Dr Watson is followed:

"An application error has occured and an application error log is being
generated

setup.exe

Exception access violation (0xc0000005) , Address : 0x0043c48b"

After that, the installation stops and it is not possible to continue.

Furthermore yesterday I installed in the same server but in other disk
"Windows 2000" then Service Pack 1 and then I tried to install SQL 7.0 in
win 2000.
In this case also I recieved a message similar to the previous:
"Installation of Microsoft Management Console has failed".

Do you have any idea what happen?
Is there anybody who Knows where I make wrong ?

Thanks
Michael