Re: BUG #5248: Cannot find SSLEAY32.dll problem.

From: "Pinto, Vincent" <Vincent_Pinto(at)mentor(dot)com>
To: "Craig Ringer" <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5248: Cannot find SSLEAY32.dll problem.
Date: 2009-12-18 08:50:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Thanks Dave, Craig,

I'm actually a user of the software which our division writes. More of an-eyes-of-the-customer inhouse. The strange thing is everyone in the division, and even our customers have been able to install the application, and the database is all OK. The starting of the database is installed as a service for automatic start-up on system Start. No one in the division has this problem, and no customer has complained to the customer support folks! I'm flabbergasted. None of the developers are able to figure it out as well.

The only thing different is my earlier laptop was a dell 620, and new one is a dell m4400. What I am wondering is if some for the Microsoft patchs (or other pre-requisite software) were not installed when I got the new laptop, and which might have been needed, and so in the absense, the pg_ctl, etc is not working as expected.

Thanks,
Vincent