problem in installing pgsql-8.3.1

From: shohorab hossain <shohorab23(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: shohorab23(at)yahoo(dot)com
Subject: problem in installing pgsql-8.3.1
Date: 2008-05-15 09:11:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Dear sir/madam,

This is to inform you that I am an oracle database user/administrator. But I am going to join in a company where I have to administrate postgresql database. I am new to this database system.  For few days I am trying to install postgresql-8.3.1 in RHEL4. My machine configuration is Intel Pentium IV. I have followed the installation document of postgresql that was included with source distribution.

I am facing the problem during the building step of source. The problem is that when I start building with gmake command, it continuously shows messages in console like ‘checking for …………. yes / no’ and I have waited approximately for 3 hours but it continues.  At last I have cancelled the building process.

Please give me your appropriate and valuable solution in this regard. I am eagerly looking forward for your quick reply.

Thanks in advance:
Hopeless
Shohorab

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: shohorab hossainDate: 2008-05-15 10:06:31