Re: Physical Database Configuration

From: "Guy Rouillier" <guyr(at)masergy(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Physical Database Configuration
Date: 2004-03-26 22:34:48
Lists: pgsql-general
Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 11:53:47 -0600,
>   Guy Rouillier <guyr(at)masergy(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>> I saw in the referenced sequence of posts that PostgreSQL will close
>> a file for a table once it reaches 1 GB, and start a new file.  So
>> I'm concluding PostgreSQL has the ability to span multiple files for
>> a single table.  Is there any way for me to control that, so I can
>> get PostgreSQL to start a new file on the 1st of each month?  Or is
>> this planned for tablespaces, which I also saw discussed.
>
> Currently there is no way to force starting a new file.

Thanks for all replies ()  I'll follow the leads into the archives for
how to do this with views.

I actually sent this earlier directly to Tom by mistake.  I got tripped
up on replying.  This is the first list I've encountered where "Reply
To" is set to the individual poster rather than the list.  Is that on
purpose? (dumb question, I know - of course it is on purpose - but why?)

--
Guy Rouillier

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Jeff EckermannDate: 2004-03-26 22:44:05