Another IO error while sending to backend

From: Chris Dallimore <dallimor(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Another IO error while sending to backend
Date: 2007-09-12 10:31:45
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi all,

I'm stuck in "I/O while sending to backend" hell which from what I've
googled leads me to suspect is a firewall issue.

Requests work fine on the local network but from outside I can only
get small record sets (order of 10 records) any thing more than that
drops the connection and throws the

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occured while sending
to the backend.

cut...

Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

The problem is I'm not a sysadmin and I'm trying to organise this
connection between two organisations who I have little control over.
Does anyone have a list of firewall things I can get them to check to
try and stop it from dropping the sockets?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Chris Dallimore
dallimor(at)gmail(dot)com