DBA consulting needed

From: Tracy Snell <tjs(at)interactions(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DBA consulting needed
Date: 2008-02-05 15:21:25
Lists: pgsql-jobs

We have a number of very challenging database projects that we need
help with, like:

A data warehouse that, while small today, will soon be growing by
20-50GB a month, with that rate expected to accelerate upwards quickly
in 9-12 months
A set of smallish (<30GB) OLTPs that need extensive tuning
A customer application that will hold one record type and need to
provide very fast lookup on one or two fields in that record... but
the number of records would be in the low to mid eleven digits.
Just to name a few...

We don't need database developers: we have some very good guys doing
that for us right now. What we're looking for are highly experienced
Postgres DBAs who have deployed large, enterprise-sized setups that
resemble our projects. This means you need to know the ins and outs
and technical details of PG, and be willing to explain it a group of
eager developers and system administrators who are keenly interested
in squeezing every last ounce of performance out of our systems.

We don't think our database needs are at all unique, so be prepared
to answer lots of questions about projects that you've been on. Our
ideal candidate will be just as at home with a theoretical
architectural discussions on designing highly available systems
followed by getting into the guts of how to configure Slony, or
helping us decide whether we need 15k or 10k RPM drives for a
particular application and what we monitor to validate that assumption.

In short, we're looking for a kick-ass DBA/teacher/database ninja who
can help us build the next big thing.

Interested?

Tracy Snell
CTO