Re: Catalogs Doc update

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>
Cc: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Catalogs Doc update
Date: 2002-10-12 05:02:59
Lists: pgsql-patches
Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca> writes:
> How about the below then?

> 'Most of the system catalogs are copied during database creation from
> the template database, as such are database specific.  Exceptions are
> mentioned in the description of the individual catalog.'

Works for me, though I suppose we could explain what the exceptions are
like in general terms.  Perhaps something like

'Most system catalogs are copied from the template database during
database creation, and are thereafter database-specific.  A few
catalogs are physically shared across all databases in an installation;
these are marked in the descriptions of the individual catalogs.'