Re: plans for bitmap indexes?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: Yann Michel <yann-postgresql(at)spline(dot)de>, Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plans for bitmap indexes?
Date: 2004-10-15 15:27:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl> writes:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 11:08:54PM +0200, Yann Michel wrote:
>> BTW: Is there any more documented CVS-version available? I mean it would
>> be really nice to read some comments from time to time or at least more
>> comments about each function/method's purpose or functionality.

> Huh, the code is reasonably commented. Certainly not following
> Javadoc-like standards, but it can be read.

Also, have you read the Internals volume of the SGML docs? Mostly
pretty high-level stuff, but that's what you need to get started.
The developer's FAQ is also required reading for newbies.
There are also README files in various parts of the source tree that
provide information about various sub-modules.