Re: Upgrade to 8.3.0?

From: "Shane Wright" <shane(dot)wright(at)edigitalresearch(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upgrade to 8.3.0?
Date: 2008-03-01 03:27:50
Lists: pgsql-general
hmm - I don't suppose the RHEL builds already include your patch against this issue?  If so I guess it would be useful to know :)
I've run through the steps you outlined to reproduce the fault on a new box (after having reproduced it successfully on test servers), and it does not show the problem:
[root(at)XXXXXXX data]# !psql
psql test -U XXXXX
       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit
test=# create table foo as select null::int as x from generate_series(1,2000) x;
test=# delete from foo;
test=# select count(*) from foo;
(1 row)
test=# vacuum full foo;
test=# set debug_assertions to on;
ERROR:  assertion checking is not supported by this build

The RPMs installed from are these: