Re: Show stored function code

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Mephysto <mephystoonhell(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Show stored function code
Date: 2012-03-29 02:18:20
Lists: pgsql-novice
Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Mephysto <mephystoonhell(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> \df+ shows function code.

> well, I'm suspecting operator error, because psql \df+ func queries
> pg_proc. if you don't believe me, fire up psql with the -E switch and
> it will echo all sql it sends to the server and you'll see it queries
> pg_proc.  take the query it runs, and gradually cut it down and you
> should find the reason.  perhaps line formatting is throwing you off
> maybe.

I'm wondering if the OP has accidentally created another table called
"pg_proc".  Usually the system version would come first in the search
path, but maybe he's using a non-default search path?  If this is the
right guess, then the reason \df works is that it qualifies pg_proc
as pg_catalog.pg_proc.