psql: error while loading shared libraries: psql: undefined symbol: get_progname

From: "Kelvin T(dot) Leung" <kelvin(at)cs(dot)ucla(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql: error while loading shared libraries: psql: undefined symbol: get_progname
Date: 2005-07-19 19:47:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am new to postgres. I hope that ppl out there can give me some help.

I have installed postgres on my system, which runs with Fedora 2 on a
P-IV machine.

I have created a postgres account. I am able to use psql (under
postgres a/c) without any problem.

I have created another postgres user account using my OS login name and
have given it all the
permission to create user and database.

Now, I am unable to run psql using my own OS login a/c. And I get an
error message:

psql: error while loading shared libraries: psql: undefined symbol:
get_progname

I check LD_LIBRARY_PATH and it has /usr/local/pgsql/lib in the path.

Any idea what went wrong?

I tried to use

psql -d test -U kelvin -W xxxx

I still get the same error message.