Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails

From: Wild Wezyr <wildwezyr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: WildWezyr <wi(dot)ld(dot)we(dot)zy(dot)r(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails
Date: 2010-01-20 08:48:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

2010/1/19 Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>

> What that sounds like is a locale/encoding conflict. Postgres depends
> on strcoll() or local equivalent to produce consistent sort results,
> and sometimes if strcoll is presented with data that it thinks is
> invalidly encoded, it doesn't behave sanely.
>
> What locale setting and database encoding are you using?
>
> regards, tom lane

Here are my settings:

CREATE DATABASE spb
WITH OWNER = wwspb
ENCODING = 'UTF8'
LC_COLLATE = 'Polish_Poland.1250'
LC_CTYPE = 'Polish_Poland.1250'
CONNECTION LIMIT = -1;

Is anything wrong with them? And if so, how should I fix it? Keep in mind
that I must deal with words containing different national characters from
many languages (not only polish).

(WW)