PostgreSQL problem with Triggers

From: "arindam banerjee" <arindam(dot)banerjee(at)wipro(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: PostgreSQL problem with Triggers
Date: 2003-06-22 17:24:02
Lists: pgsql-bugspgsql-cygwin
Hi,
I am trying to implement a trigger in PostgreSQL. My trigger is a C
function which do some very simple things like writing to a file when
the trigger is fired.

The trigger has been created as an "after insert" or "after update" on a
particular table.

However, whenever I perform an insert or update on the table, I get the
following:
        before or while processing the request.

The insert or update also is not reflected in the actual table while my
trigger function (written in C) is executed. I am using postgreSQL
version 7.2.1-5

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Arindam

whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Diogo de Oliveira BiazusDate: 2003-06-23 13:32:01