Re: [INTERFACES] backend connection lost

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Ken J(dot) Wright" <ken(at)ori-ind(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] backend connection lost
Date: 1999-07-16 13:46:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
"Ken J. Wright" <ken(at)ori-ind(dot)com> writes:
> app is idle for a long period of time, the connection to the backend gets
> lost. Is there some kind of postmaster setting to keep alive? Other ideas?

There is not, but you could try patching the backend to set the
KEEPALIVE option on the TCP socket --- see StreamConnection() in
src/backend/libpq/pqcomm.c.

If that helps, I think it'd be reasonable to accept the patch as
an #ifdef'd chunk of code with a config.h variable to control it.
I'm a little hesitant to just drop it in unconditionally --- I don't
know whether KEEPALIVE is supported by all platforms...

			regards, tom lane

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Daren SefcikDate: 1999-07-16 20:12:16